mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the feedback. I have just received an email from the person I mentioned in my previous post, who was experiencing a similar issue, and it turns out that the issue disappeared after a re-installation of Windows. I am not suggesting you do that, however it is possible that the issue is due to your system configuration. Since it is only happening when you use Firefox, perhaps you could disable/remove all of the Firefox addons/plugins/extensions to see if that helps, or perhaps even uninstall and reinstall Firefox.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Since it is only happening when you use Firefox, perhaps you could disable/remove all of the Firefox addons/plugins/extensions to see if that helps, or perhaps even uninstall and reinstall Firefox.

He said it happens with Firefox, Chrome, and IE.

drum #230113 25/02/11 03:13 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
True, but they would all most likely have the same main graphics items (Flash, etc) in them. Because it happens while on a website, it makes sense that some part of the browser that is the same for all 3 browsers is related.

Anyhow, I think he already tried removing them when I suggested it before. Maybe updating them as I mentioned in my last post will help.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
addick, this is a shot in the dark but I discovered a problem with a recent Flash Player update (I'm not sure which version exactly, it was one from within the past year I believe) that created an erroneous entry in the registry which caused visual problems with particular programs. Since your problem seems to be somehow connected to the web browser, I thought this could possibly be related.

Open up the registry editor and browse to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\

There should be 5 subkeys: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

If you see another entry before 0 which looks like a weird symbol (shaped like a capital L), delete that entry, reboot, and check to see if the problem is fixed. If everything looks normal, then this isn't the problem and you can disregard this.

drum #230183 27/02/11 07:47 PM
A
addick Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Anyhow, I think he already tried removing them when I suggested it before. Maybe updating them as I mentioned in my last post will help.
Yep, they are updated.

Originally Posted By: drum
addick, this is a shot in the dark but I discovered a problem with a recent Flash Player update (I'm not sure which version exactly, it was one from within the past year I believe) that created an erroneous entry in the registry which caused visual problems with particular programs. Since your problem seems to be somehow connected to the web browser, I thought this could possibly be related.

Open up the registry editor and browse to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\

There should be 5 subkeys: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

If you see another entry before 0 which looks like a weird symbol (shaped like a capital L), delete that entry, reboot, and check to see if the problem is fixed. If everything looks normal, then this isn't the problem and you can disregard this.

Found the registry! An achievement in itself. There were only the 5 subkeys in there. Thanks for still throwing out suggestions though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard