#229031 19/01/11 05:43 PM
F
FIQ Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
Hi.
Just tried to stop some timers I've started (using "/timers off"), but there was one problem. They just didn't stop.

After some investigation, I found the reason. The multi-server function of the command doesn't seem to work properly. If i just do "/timers", I see all timers, on every server, but I can't stop timers started from other networks.

And also, note that /timers isn't an index of the help file (/help /timers), but it is documented in /timer.

/FIQ

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think this falls under the header Undocumented Behaviour.
How would you stop timers for only the active server if it did stop timers globally?
You should probably use: /scon -a timers off

J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
you can also use /timer* off to stop all timers across all networks.

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Although not really documented very well, /timers is for the active connection, so /timers off is going to only affect the active connection. I'd use the /timer* off method that was suggested as that's a good way to cover everything. In case you are wondering why that's not documented, it kind of is... /timertest off will turn off a timer with the name of test. Because * is a wildcard meaning everything, /timer* off would turn everything off.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
F
FIQ Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
That might be true. Still, /timers isn't completly server-specific - if you use /timers w/o parameters, it will display timers on all networks. That was why i though it was supposed to stop all timers _in all networks_. But yeah, i know /timer* does the same thing. smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You're right. I'm not sure why I was thinking /timers was network specific. Sorry for the confusion.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
You're right. I'm not sure why I was thinking /timers was network specific. Sorry for the confusion.

Probably because when you activate a timer, it attaches to that server (window) by default.

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
B
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
B
Originally Posted By: FIQ
if you use /timers w/o parameters, it will display timers on all networks.
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
That's weird, when I do /timers it does NOT list all the timers of all networks, nor does /timer* do that. So the /timers listing IS (for me) still network specific.

Originally Posted By: The_JD
Probably because when you activate a timer, it attaches to that server (window) by default.
That, I can confirm.

Link Copied to Clipboard