mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
I thought I found where to do it, but the SET AS DEFAULT check box is grayed out. The ability to make the text larger in the entry box as well as the text box is the main attraction to mIRC for me.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Via command: /font -z FONTSIZE FONTNAME, ie:

Code:
font -z -12 Courier

The - in front of the 12 ensures that 12 matches the font size in the font dialog (see /help /font).

Via dialog: Depends where you're setting the font. If you use /font inside a channel window you can set default for channel windows. If you use /font inside queries you can set it there. If you see it grayed out, the window type does not support defaults (perhaps you were trying to set it in a custom window?). Basically, there is currently no global default setting, you have to set it in each window type. Someone recently suggested a consolidation of these dialogs into one "font central" of sorts, to make it easier to set all of these defaults.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
i did some experimenting and it was (apparently) that the font I was trying to use was not capable of being default. Tried a few others until the box became 'checkable'.

Link Copied to Clipboard