mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
Is it possible to modify the popup menu that appears when one right-clicks a channel name in the chat window? I'm looking to add something besides "Join Channel," "List Users," and "Show Topic." (For instance, an option to /msg ChanServ info #$$1.) The standard Popup options don't seem to allow this one to be adjusted the normal way.

Thanks in advance!

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There is no easy way to do this, because those options are hardcoded into mIRC. I wrote an addon called chanlinks that can completely replace that popup menu with a custom one, but it needs a DLL to spawn the replacement popups. I simply don't know of a better way to achieve the same.

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
In the Remotes editor, write a script that uses the channel menu
Eg:
Code:
menu channel {
  Info for $chan : .msg chanserv info $chan
}

Note: This will add to mIRC's menu system, not replace it.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
The popup menu that appears when you right click #channel, not the channel popup.

I second what Sat said.

W
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
I had a feeling the options were hardcoded or otherwise deeply embedded somewhere. Looks like your add-in is spot-on what I'm looking for, so thank you!

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
this has been a hotly asked for item, I have always agreed with having the option and still do. This is one of those features, like being able to change the nickname borders (please don't respond to this piece of the post - it's been discussed many times before and I'm not trying to hijack the thread), that I've never understood why it's taken soo long to do and still not done.

That being said, it's not MY program, *I* don't know how to program so don't know the logistics of it.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard