mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#2285 17/12/02 10:46 PM
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
This bug appears to occur randomly, so I'm not exactly sure how to 'replicate' it as such. What it does is it combines two lines of the remote script/popup script (depending on which one you're working on) usually resulting in a "missing bracket".

I've never had this problem before, it's very frustrating. I've got mIRC 6.03

#2286 18/12/02 11:40 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
If you mean like this:

Turns

Test
.Hello:/command
.Goodbye:/command

into

Test
.Hello:/command.Goodbye:/command

then yes, this has been talked about many times in the OLD board. There was never any official fix as to why it happened, BUT somebody DID point out that it would happen if you used (sake of example) like 250 lines (specific example used the same code) hit ok, reopen it and you'd find it meshed like that. Khaled did take a look at it and IIRC he said it would be fixed in the next version but somebody correct me if Im wrong

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#2287 22/12/02 03:45 PM
N
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
N
yes this happened to me too lots of times.
these bracket mismatches occure when you use "strange" characters in your popups or if you have errors in syntax of $iif().
at least, these were the cases for me:)
now, for syntax errors of $iif() just take a look at them again and see if there are any errors.
for those "strange" characters (like * \ | [ ]) just use the $chr() of them (finding it from $asc()).

Nakis

PS. something that I forgot to mention, is the fact that, if you use the syntax that landonsandor mentioned above, you won't have such problems.

Last edited by Nakis; 22/12/02 03:46 PM.
#2288 23/12/02 04:51 AM
A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
damn it... I have the same problem, and don't really know what to do. I'm just getting sick and tired of it confused

Ali Ayoub
http://www.balladefis.dk/
#balladefis @ Quakenet.org (Babel-Fish)
#2289 23/12/02 12:04 PM
M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
Or just put a semicolon (;) between the lines. I've found that prevents it as well.

--------------

~ Malevolyn - Script Guru
Current Projects:
BadCRC IRC 2002-2003
concepts
#2290 25/12/02 12:15 AM
K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
I've found that this error/bug only occurs if your file is too long. Like, if the file is only made to have 900 lines of code, and you have 901 lines of code, it will put 2 of the lines on the same line to make it all fit. The only thing you can do to fix this is to either remove lines of code until the file works right, or just create another file for more code and just have both loaded at the same time. Keep in mind that you can't have more than 1 popup script. You can only have multiple Alias/Remote/User/Variable scripts.

Link Copied to Clipboard