Print Thread
#227895 27/11/10 05:13 PM
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
Hello,
My ignore doesn't work properly. I put someone on ignore, and the same person, with the same nick/info, same everything, can msg me again right after I disconnect and come back. Even if I only disconnect for a few seconds. Someone help please, it's very annoying to have to reignore the same people over and over again. I'm using version 7.1, but had the same issue with the previous version.
Thanks

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Do you have a query window open for this person? If so, the open query window will override ignore and allow the private message through. Also, make sure ignore is enabled by typing /ignore on

RoCk #227923 28/11/10 04:39 PM
L
OP Offline
L
If the ignore was working, the query window wouldn't appear.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

I meant, if there is already a query window open for this person, then that would override ignore and allow the message through.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
What command do you use for ignore. What nick identifier do you use? Do you check for it in the ignore list? $ignore(mask)

RoCk #228037 04/12/10 01:17 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I've put the person on ignore without opening the query window by typing it in manually, ie: /ignore bozo, or with a right click-ignore, then closing it, and I've tried doing the same thing without opening the query window. Either way, the next time I connect, wether it's in 2 seconds or 2 weeks, bingo, the same person can msg me again. I don't know what the heck is going on.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Just a thought ... is ignore enabled? Try typing /ignore on

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
L
OP Offline
L
Yep, it's on. Tried that, no change.

DJ_Sol #228070 04/12/10 05:31 PM
L
OP Offline
L
I use /ignore, or I right click-ignore.

L
OP Offline
L
Here's a twist that maybe will point someone in the right direction to help me out here. I deleted every address in my ignore list. When I reconnected, all of them were back. They are also set to ignore on a network I'm not even on, but apparently not set to ignore on the network I am on.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What does this return?
Code:
//echo -a $os $version $md5($mircexe,2) $script(0) $dll(0) $mircdir

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may have the mIRC.ini file in a folder that you cannot write to. Check your permissions on that folder. It could also be related to another script or DLL, so reply with what the command above gives you.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
This has only happened to me with the variables file so far. I don't know if it's an issue with the control.ini file. And I thought I heard about a fix done for this issue, but just in case...

Do you manually edit the control file while mirc is running? I noticed this same behavior happening with my variables. I would restart mirc and the changes I had made were gone. I checked the actual file and I saw two [variables] sections in the file. mIRC would only read the 1st one on startup. It would happen when I manually edited the file while mirc was running.

DJ_Sol #228098 07/12/10 12:08 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
To my knowledge, when mIRC is closed, any manual changes made to the active .ini files (mirc.ini, servers.ini, control.ini, etc.) will be over-written.

If you want to make changes to those files, either do so while mIRC is closed, or use mIRC's internal functions to make the changes. Most (if not all) changes that you would want to make can be made using mIRC's internal functions. These functions are, generally, available through the Options section (Alt + o)

DJ_Sol #228176 11/12/10 03:00 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I've never fiddled with any files. I have no clue how to do that even if I wanted to. If I tried, I'd probably ended up killing the thing entirely. hehe.

Link Copied to Clipboard