mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#227882 27/11/10 12:01 AM
H
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
H
In past versions, mIRC would open a log in a MS Notepad window. Now, it seems to open in its own proprietary type of window which doesn't do all I'd like.

There are times I'd like to copy/paste a large portion, but not all, of a log. Currently, mIRC will only permit copying one screen's worth (as in channels), and one has to page down each screen for an entire copy.

Is there a way to be able to copy an entire portion of a log at one time, or can this ability be added to a future version of mIRC?

The second matter concerns responses to posts. On all other forums in which I participate, there is a capability to receive any responses to my posts via email, which means I don't have to continually check in to see if there are any responses. Is there a way to enable that here? If so, I must be missing in somehow. How is it done??

mIRC 7.51, 64-bit Win-7/SP1 Home Premium
IRC Operator irc.Prison.NET
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
In the new version of mirc , when you open tools logs, you can highlight a log and do either view, or edit.. the VIEW is the new display. If instead you click edit, it will brin it up in an edit window where you can do copy function in the normal way (highlight what you wish to copy, right click and copy)

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
H
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
H
Fantastic! Many thanks! That solves that problem.

Now, what about #2? Is there a way I could have gotten this site to email me that you had responded to my post?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is as close as I was able to find.

My Stuff -> My Preferences -> By default should anything added to your Watch Lists be emailed to you?

This is a Yes/No radio button selection.

You'd just have to remember to add the topic(s) that you want notified about to your Watch List.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I think, thanks to RusselB, your second question has now also been handled wink I use the email function on a few of the forums to check questions while at work, so if, when I get home, they have not been answered, I can give them a try.

Enjoy mIRC'n smile

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
H
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
H
Again, many thanks. Trying it out now.

Link Copied to Clipboard