mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
I am new to mIRC. My questions are:

How do I make the nicknames colored? (Different colours for each nick, like on Chris Pirillo's stream.)

How do I remove the brackets around nicknames?

Thanks!

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
1. random colored nicknames. this would be done with a script that looks for ON join, and sets a random color to each new join.. You might want to ask this question in the scripting forum wink

2. the brackets or <> around a nick on the display are controled by how you set it in the message section of options area under tool, options on the top line of mirc. If you need help with this, ask while online in the #mirc channel on the net you join smile

Good luck

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Note that a channel with a lot of nicks could end up with multiple nicks having the same color.

As to the brackets around the nicks, I'm not sure what HorseC is referring to, as I was unable to find a setting for that in my copy of 7.15

That said, a scriptable option is available, and has been suggested many times before.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
HorseC, I think you're thinking of the timestamp. Nick brackets must be done with a script afaik.

sjvirchow, If you want specific nicks or specific levels (regular user, voiced, halfop, op, etc) to be specific colors, you can change those in the Address Book (Alt-B > Nick Colors tab). Just add the nick or user level and set the color. If you want it random, then a script is necessary as mentioned.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
"HorseC, I think you're thinking of the timestamp." your right! (thanks)

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!

Link Copied to Clipboard