Print Thread
S
solomon Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Hi!

What is the best script for me? I'm using mirc for downloading via ctcp in Dalnet and EFnet and to chat once in a blue moon on quakenet. I had a look at peace & protection, but it is to centered on chat for me. I tried Invision but could not make heads or tails of it since there is no adeqaute help.

Any ideas?

thx.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Sorry, but my opinion is that mIRC is primarily for chatting. Scripts are meant to enhance your chat experience, not help you download stuff. I would suggest a filesharing programme such as Kazaa if that's all you're looking for.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
OMG a chat program... that is... CENTERED ON CHAT!!!

What is the world coming to!!!!!!!

If you don't want to chat, then IRC probably isn't what you are looking for.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
The best script is the one you write yourself..it does exactly what you want, no more, no less smile

a word of advice, use caution in what third party scripts you use, unless you can understand EXACTLY what they do, dont d/l them. some websites check their scripts for backdoors, most dont.

second word of advice: find something else to use for d/l besides mIRC... its meant for chatting

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
wyx Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Best Script is manual type by finger coz it work with brillian program (Brain) smile wink

-= Win 95 Virusses =-
-= Try To Infecting Virus =-
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Information on the "Best Script" can be found here

DALnet: #HelpDesk, #mIRC, #MISHScript - Undernet: #mIRC, #mIRC-Scripts
S
solomon Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Merlin & ParaBrat: Thank you for your reply.

Poppy: Thank you too. But if I wanted to download the stuff I'm downloading via Kazaa, I would do so. It would take three or four times as long, not even considering the amount of fakes.

codemastr & wyx: Never been to DALnet or EFnet, have you? :-) mirc is the number one way to get new tv-episodes now. To say that mirc is still only centered on chatting, is to overlook some ways it is used today.

Concerning your tone codemastr, you know what I think you should do, don't you? Let me guess, born around 1990?
Or later?

:-)

sol

D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
I think that the point that they were trying to make is that IRC was meant as a chatting system. And regardless of how many fileserver channels there are, it's still a chatting system.

The excessive number of file servers often deduct from the quality of the chatting experience and for many IRC'ers, who have been there for a very long time, it's somewhat irritating.

So regardless of whether or not IRC is being used for file transferring today doesn't mean that it's meant to be used as such - or that we have to facilitate it.

On a personal note, I used to get files from IRC but now Kazaa is my preferred method .. no queues and disconnects and things like that to worry about. But then, I guess it all depends on what you're looking to download. smile

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mirc is the number one way to get new tv-episodes now.

Where I live the best source for that is the telly, a rocker-recliner and a bar fridge full of piss.

Is it any wonder ISP's are capping downloads and raising prices now.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
LMAO! Mind you, I'd prefer vodka smile

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'll drink anything if it's for free lol.

Link Copied to Clipboard