mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#227302 03/11/10 11:05 PM
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Tell me if there is such a bot? Or help in the creation of a bot on the football chanel.For example [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/#football][url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/#football][url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/#football]irc://irc.quakenet.org/#football[/url][/url][/url]

LLlapblk #227307 04/11/10 03:32 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Do you mean a BOT that palys football, gives scores, or do you mean a chat room associated with football. While I have never seen a "football" related bot, I have seen some related to providing scores for different sporting events...

Please clarify your question. Thanks.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
HorseC #227312 04/11/10 11:39 AM
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
I mean a bot that will inform people on the channel the latest news in the world of football, show statistics, to conduct online broadcast and display goals scored. For example(from [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/#football][url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/#football][url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/#football]irc://irc.quakenet.org/#football[/url][/url][/url]):
Quote:
[22:42:52] *BL|Live* bot commands: !tv / !stream / !whois <team_abbreviation> / !score <team_abbreviation> / !results [<event>] / !lineup <team_abbreviation> / !referee <team_abbreviation>
[23:09:29] <xxx> !score real
[23:09:29] <+BL|Live> UEFA: Champions League AC Milan 0:0 Real Madrid CF [63']

something like this....

LLlapblk #227314 04/11/10 12:09 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, there is such a bot because you showed an example of one. Whether any are publicly available rather than only for use in the bot owner's channel, that's hard to say. I haven't seen any, but there are a LOT of scripts out there and I don't monitor all of them. You can check scripting sites or Google for one. You can also ask the channel ops to see if they will share their bot with you (they probably won't, but it's worth trying).

Beyond that, you'd have to make your own or have someone else make it for you. To do so, you'll need to use sockets and some website that has the data. And the more commands/features you want to have, the more work it will take to create. In general, people here will not write a full script for you. If you get started and need help, we offer help. That said, maybe someone here is interested in making such a script and will write it all for you. That can sometimes happen, but usually you'll need to at least do the main part of it yourself.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard