mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Malokai Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
I have a bot running on a remote VPS server, and I am constantly updating and modifying it's modules. However, everytime I want to ammend one of the scripts, I have to RDP access the server and use mIRC remotely.

So! I decided to install an FTP server and remotely upload the modified scripts. My bot now detects when a new script file is present in the "Updates" directory and unloads the old version and loads the new.

All the scripts have a on load/on unload script to inform me in my channel when a script has been loaded or unloaded, so I can verify that a script has updated properly. The on unload if fine, I get a message in my channel saying "Module "test" unloaded successfully", but when it comes to loading the new version, it always stops at the "Script Warning - Run initialization commands?" dialog, and I STILL have to RDP access the server to click OK. Is there a switch to On Load to just load the script without asking for confirmation????

Any and all help is greatfully received smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try the Options menu inside the Scripts Editor window.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Open the scripts editor and go to the Options menu and uncheck the Initialization Warning option if you want it to run the on LOAD commands without warning.

Or, if you don't want it to run the on LOAD commands, you can use /reload instead of /load. That will reload the script without running the on LOAD part of the script, so it won't show you the warning at all.

Depending on what you need, one option may be better than the other.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Malokai Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hmmmm, now I feel dumb! Didn't realise there was an option to switch the warning off blush lol Thanks guys smile

Link Copied to Clipboard