mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
dfarns Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
After installing a different video card, a lot of the fonts/font sizes changed on my computer. On my other computer, mIRC is set for the font "fixedsystems" at a 9 size. That's a good size for me, but on the computer with the video card replacement, it's still set at "fixedsystems" but the size is 11. When I try to change the font size, there is no other choice but 11.

This computer with the problem is running mIRC 7.1, the other one has mIRC 6.34. Is there any kind of font restriction in the 7.x versions, or is this problem somehow a function of computer/video global settings after the video card replacement...could they be restricting the font sizes?

Dan

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Let's ignore all this for a moment and try to use this font on v7.x
www.fixedsysexcelsior.com
Does this solve your problem?

D
dfarns Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
In reading the FAQ, it looks like the fixedsysexcelsior is to be used at 12pt. Since I'm trying to go from 11pt to 9 pt, I'm not sure how this is going to help. I could try it anyway, but I've forgotten how to install the font. Do I just move the .ttf file to my c:/winnt/fonts folder, or is there an actual installation process?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Double clicking on the TTF will give you the option to install it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
dfarns Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
In WIndows 2000, it turns out you have to install a font through Control Panel/Fonts/File/Install New Font. Looks like it has different point sizes available. I'll try it on the computer with the problem later today.

Thanks.

D
dfarns Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Well, fixedsysexcelsior is not the font for me. I'm back to my original request, how to get my fixedsys font back to the 9pt size that I like. Right now the only choice I have is 11pt. Is there a choice in the Display Properties/Appearance/Item list that might control the font that mIRC uses? Or is there another way to get the entire range of fixedsys sizes to work again?

Dan

Link Copied to Clipboard