mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#226942 20/10/10 02:15 AM
H
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
H
After updating mIRC to 7.14 and rebooting, things worked great and the problem below did not occur. Yesterday, my ISP dumped, so I rebooted and started up again.

I had a small network and a server (IRCsource irc.ddraig.org) listed that was manually entered about a year ago in version 6.35, and it came up fine after the update to 7.14.

Today, there was no IRCsource network or irc.ddraig.org in the Server list (I deselected update server list during the 7.14 install). However, in Perform, those items were still there. Also, the server list was not as I was used to seeing it previously.

I have since manually reentered the information. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Handle_With_Care; 20/10/10 02:23 AM.

mIRC 7.51, 64-bit Win-7/SP1 Home Premium
IRC Operator irc.Prison.NET
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This sounds similar to this bug report. When you rebooted, was mIRC running at the time?

H
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
H
mIRC was not running at the reboot. This time it was a clean reboot. Previous time, with nothing indicated as a problem was not a clean reboot (another program -- Spybots-Search&Destroy previous update, now fixed, caused the crash). mIRC came up fine.

I have noticed for a long time, starting with mIRC 6.x, non-clean exits of mIRC, even pressing the X in upper right corner, can cause all kinds of .ini problems and things, like scripts, to disappear, or at least unload. I have since always typed /exit to get a clean exit.

Also, it seems my previous server list has disappeared and been replaced the the default list that comes with new mIRC. I have been modifying it to taste. As previously stated, I deselected this item, as I have always done, on the 7.11 and then 7.14 installations. All else, other than the severs list, appear to be fine as before.

Thank you for your excellent work. These problems appear minor in the overall scheme of things.

Last edited by Handle_With_Care; 22/10/10 10:52 PM.

mIRC 7.51, 64-bit Win-7/SP1 Home Premium
IRC Operator irc.Prison.NET

Link Copied to Clipboard