mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
I have been having the problem for quite some time now, and have no idea how to fix it. Before I describe the problem in detail, I will first put a couple things out there. This problem has occurred with two different ISPs, three different computers, but are all running windows xp professional. I've tried different versions of mirc, and that hasn't helped either. Now, on to my problem...

I am having problems connecting to irc servers. The client will connect and show the motd, but irc wont register any commands. I can't get channel lists, change my nickname, register/identify for a nickname, do a /who, nothing. I get this error when it finally disconnects:

"* [10053] Software caused connection abort"

I would love some help with this issue because I am getting very frustrated. I've called my ISP and they claim that they are not blocking any ports, and as far as I know, I am not on a proxy of any kind.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
do you have any scripts loaded? type: //echo -a $script(0) in any window. and then paste the result here.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
I'm using a fresh installation of 6.17. It's the version I like best. I've tried the new version as well. There are no scripts loaded, it returned a "1".

C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
I also forgot to mention, I can connect to irc servers via mibbit.com with no problem. My isp said they do not block ports.

Link Copied to Clipboard