mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
Hello,

I'm trying to help a friend troubleshoot a problem with mirc. Originally she had pressed <fn> + <f11> keys to keep the number keys locked because she was having a problem with the num lock key toggling on and off. That and windows kept scolling up and disappearing.

Anyway, after pressing <fn> +<f11>, that's when mirc really started having problems. She can't access the menu bar along the top of the screen anymore. The menu was visible for a short while and then just disappeared altogether.

She's running Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire notebook and Mirc 7.1.

Someone more familiar with mirc than me suggested reinstalling p&p plus, but I can't find where to download this file and not sure where it should be installed.

Should my friend reinstall mirc and forget about troubleshooting the problem she's having now? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Donna

M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
If the menu bar is missing, type this anywhere in mIRC and press ENTER
Code:
/menubar on

I have no clue what could of caused it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC v7.1 added support for a Full Screen feature using the F11 function key. This is the standard key for this feature used by other applications, such as Firefox and Explorer.

If you are in Full Screen mode, you can press F11 again to revert back to Normal Screen mode. You can also move your mouse to the top of the screen and the menubar will appear automatically, which is how Full Screen works in most applications.

D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
Thank you Khaled for the info. We tried F11 and also hovering over the area where the menu bar displays. Nothing seemed to work, so we uninstalled mirc and then reinstalled. It seems to be working so far. We also installed pnplus. It wasn't installed originally.

Thank you all for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Donna

Link Copied to Clipboard