mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
When i used the 6.35 and this problem did not exists now with the 7.1 exists, windows 7 64 bit , i am not sure that is an mirc bug but i need help!

[21:09:11] -NickServ- Language changed to English.
-
[21:09:15] -NickServ- Ç ãëþóóá Üëëáîå óôçí ÅëëçíéêÜ (Greek).
-

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M

westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Ok i read it and the problem still exist, any idea to fix it?

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Downgrade to mIRC 6.35.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Did you expect that simply reading a webpage would make mIRC behave differently?

Reading the page should inform you about the new behaviour in mIRC regarding codepage support-- specifically the lack of support for codepages. Greek characters work fine in mIRC 7.1, but you need to use Unicode, not codepages, to display them. This should be fine on your end, but your friends should start to switch over to unicode. Most other clients already have, just tell them to enable UTF-8 in their mIRC options.

As far as the nickserv message goes, you should inform the server administrators that your IRC client does not support the text encoding used by their services and request that they pick a more platform neutral encoding (utf-8) with which to send their messages-- or otherwise start supporting other encodings.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard