Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#224925 22/08/10 03:19 AM
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Odd problem when using mIRC7.1 (Not neccesarily chatting or doing anything)
mIRC randomly starts displaying content from other channels in the active window after it's been open for a while (no approx timescale)..

Ex: #Channel content is displaying in #Channel.Two and when I switch to #Channel stuff from #Channel.Two is displaying in #Channel... It seems to get worse as I switch channels, and this happens randomly without any known reason.. It does it with all the channels once you start changing window to see if the others are alright..

Anyone have any solutions to this, as it's becoming increasingly annoying to restart mIRC all the time and I've tried unstalling and re-installing the program, but it doesn't seem to solve anything..

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Please enter the following and report back the results
Code:
//echo -a $os $version $md5($mircexe,2) $file(mirc.exe).sig $script(0) $dll(0)

Quickly, and without that information, my first guess is that you have a script installed that is capturing the text, then echoing it in your active channel.

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Are you using the treeview/treebar?

I am SReject
My Stuff
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Originally Posted By: RusselB
Please enter the following and report back the results
Code:
//echo -a $os $version $md5($mircexe,2) $file(mirc.exe).sig $script(0) $dll(0)

Quickly, and without that information, my first guess is that you have a script installed that is capturing the text, then echoing it in your active channel.

7 7.1 972d762e7e0ce8540400eebaaccd0ee0 fail 14 0

Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog
Are you using the treeview/treebar?

Treebar, Yes

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The information you have given tells me that you have 14 scripts loaded.
Unload all of those scripts or install mIRC to a clean directory (no scripts, no add-ons).

Additionally I have to wonder where you got your copy of mIRC, since the signature on the executable failed.

You should download mIRC from here

After doing this see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't, then it is a matter of a script that you have loaded, as I originally suspected.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
I only ever download mIRC from this site.. and I'm a registered user of mIRC. I don't lack common sense when it comes to downloading. But I shall reinstall it to a clean directory.

Edit: Also, I've downloaded mIRC yet again from mirc.com, and it still fails it's own signature. I right click for Properties on mirc.exe and the Digital Signature is Listed.

Apparant issue with command you supplied as it 'fails' all the time.

7 7.1 972d762e7e0ce8540400eebaaccd0ee0 fail 1 0

Last edited by Chrislog; 22/08/10 10:36 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Something is certainly wrong with your install. Do an uninstall before reinstalling and make sure you delete all your settings first (you can back them up first, if you want). If this problem persists it could be a problem with windows.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It's likely failing because there is no mirc.exe in $mircdir in a default install. Try: //echo -a $file([color:red]$mircexe).sig[/color]

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Originally Posted By: Collective
It's likely failing because there is no mirc.exe in $mircdir in a default install. Try: //echo -a $file([color:red]$mircexe).sig[/color]

Response: ok
Appears you are right on that. smile

Also I'm still having the issue, without any scripts loaded. I've NEVER had any problems with Previous versions. This is ridiculous.

Anyone got the mIRC6.35 installer? I'd like to revert to that version. Can't be doing with it breaking all the time when I have important stuff I need to deal with smirk

Last edited by Chrislog; 23/08/10 05:13 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
By any chance are you using mIRC under Wine?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Wine? No - I download mIRC from mirc.com/get.html, I install it from there and then open and run it from there. It's rather odd why this bug happens as I haven't had any previous problems with any of my scripts on previous versions.. 6.35 Still works perferct for me.. 7.1 Just starts showing conversations from other channels in the active window smirk

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are you sure that you tested this in a clean install? Were no scripts, DLLs, etc. loaded at the time?

Do the channels from where the text originates or where it ends up in contain any special characters by any chance?

Last edited by 5618; 25/08/10 08:25 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It is possible that this is related to the issue reported here which has been fixed for the next version. I should be releasing a public beta within the next week or so (it will be announced in the bug reports section) - if you could try that when it comes out and let us know if the issue is still there that would be appreciated.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Hmm, it doesn't seem to have done it since I unloaded all of Remotes and Restarted it, I'll try loading in the scripts one by one to see if anything happens.. It's totally random when it happens though.. Thanks Khaled but I can't be sure it's the same problem as I'm having, I will screenshot it the next time it happens and post it here. Thanks

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Excuse the double post.

I kept all the scripts unloaded and waited it out, it seems the issue reproduced itself, I screenshot the problem.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac300/chrisalog/oddbug.png

Whenever it happens and I or someone say's something in the active window, more stuff from other channels I have open appears in active window. When I scroll up, it's like its changing as I scroll and it adds more stuff again.. When I minimize and maximize the window, the display fault is gone... and it looks how it should, without the mixture of stuff from other windows.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Chrislog; 25/08/10 04:14 PM.
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Anyone have anymore ideas? ^

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, this looks like it is the same issue. If it is still present in the public beta (which should be released in the next week or so) please let me know.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Ah ok, thanks Khaled smile

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
This problem still occurs in Beta Khaled, below is some screenshots I took of the problem occuring in Beta.

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/26200237.png
http://img39.imageshack.us/i/issueb.png

Any Help would be appreciated, I also emailed you but recieved no reply.

Regards,

Chris

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Chrislog, your images from your last post do not load properly for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard