mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#219449 19/03/10 02:03 AM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
No icons show in any of my Autoget toolbars or menus. Instead of an icon (such as next to "search" or "transfers") is just a red square with the text "icon error" inside it. My guess is that Autoget isn't using the right path to find its own icon library, but I haven't been able to point it to the right place, or move the icon library to the place where it is currently looking.

I'm using mIRC 6.35 and Autoet 7.40b4 running under Vista.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
A quick search using Autoget as the search term returned a number of other posts regarding this program/script.

I suggest you do the same search and see if any of them have relevant information.

S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
I've looked at quite a number of other posts already and not seen anything related to this particular problem. If you have come across another thread that deals with this problem, I'd appreciate it if you could point me towards it.

K
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
K
Originally Posted By: Spidermonkey
No icons show in any of my Autoget toolbars or menus. Instead of an icon (such as next to "search" or "transfers") is just a red square with the text "icon error" inside it.

Hi there, I have just installed AutoGet 7.40b4. I am using mIRC 6.21 with Windows 7 Home Premium and I have exactly the same problem. Has anyone got any further info on this?

Cheers.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
While I don't have AutoGet, the results you are describing sounds like the associated picture/icon file is missing or is in a format that mIRC isn't recognizing.

Please note that 6.21 is very old (released Nov. 23, 2006).

The latest version is 7.1, though some people prefer to still use 6.35, mainly due to the problems encountered with servers still using codepages rather than unicode.

You're going to have to look through the script to see where the icon files are referenced, and then confirm that the files do exist in that location (or those locations if more than one).

L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
Firstly, I'd use $isfile(path\to\file) and make sure it returns $true before trying to load it, and if it's a .ico file, check whether it's an icon library or not and if so whether you're trying to call the correct indexed icon or at least a valid one.

Last edited by Litch; 07/08/10 05:35 AM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
um .. RTFM .. install autoget like the instructions tell you to and you won't have that problem. The icons are most likely installed in C:\Users\Your Login Name\appdata\roaming\mIRC\Autoget

Code:
/load -rs C:\Users\Your Login Name\appdata\roaming\mIRC\Autoget.mrc (plain load from mirc directory)  

/load -rs C:\Users\Your Login Name\appdata\roaming\mIRC\Autoget\Autoget.mrc (load from directory mirc\autoget\)  

/load -rs "C:\Users\Your Login Name\appdata\roaming\mIRC\Autoget 7\Autoget.mrc" (load from directory mirc\autoget 7\)  

Last edited by CtrlAltDel; 07/08/10 04:42 PM.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
K
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
K
Hi guys, Thanks for all the replies. It probably is a location issue. I installed a script that came with mIRC and the script installed to its own folder so I don't have a mIRC folder in AppData. But the icon problem is pretty much irrelevant now because AutoGet keeps crashing mIRC so I've had to uninstall it. Don't know whether it's a W7 issue or if it's because there is other stuff AutoGet is looking for in that AppData folder.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Scripts shouldn't cause mIRC to crash. If it's using a DLL it might, though.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
A good replacement for autoget if you just HAVE to go that route, is vPowerGet.

K
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
K
Thanks CtrlAltDel, I'm not sure what you mean by "if you just HAVE to go that route" (what route would that be?). I don't necessarily need anything that will get files for me - I'm happy to copy and paste. I just want something that will show search results more clearly so I don't have to wade through them all down the switchbar (if that's what it's called). If there is some other addon you would recommend I'm only too happy to try it. Cheers.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
He means the route he suggested-- namely of using the script he recommended above. There is a script he would recommend, as he just recommended it, so now you can go down that route and try his recommendation.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
K
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
K
No, I asked him to clarify what he meant by ME "just HAVING to go that route" when I don't think I mentioned any particular route at all.

And I asked him if there was some "other" add-on not just the one he recommended.

And I asked him for clarification - but don't let that stop you answering on his behalf.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
In reverse order:

Originally Posted By: kiwichick888
And I asked him for clarification - but don't let that stop you answering on his behalf.

Oh, I won't, thanks for your concern. If you wanted a private conversation, there's a PM feature on these forums. If you'd like, you can wait to hear him reiterate everything I just said, if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I asked him if there was some "other" add-on not just the one he recommended.

I assume if there was "another" add-on to recommend, he would have recommended it initially. You can search google or mircscripts.org for scripts, but I don't see what's wrong with his first recommendation, unless you're avoiding it on principle.

I asked him to clarify what he meant by ME "just HAVING to go that route" when I don't think I mentioned any particular route at all.

The "route" was the recommendation for a replacement script itself, as was implied by his phrasing and given that such a short sentence really can't mean anything else. Using basic English grammar rules we can rewrite his sentence in the form:

Originally Posted By: CtrlAltDel
A good replacement for autoget is vPowerGet, if you just HAVE to go that route.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Originally Posted By: CtrlAltDel
A good replacement for autoget if you just HAVE to go that route, is vPowerGet.

Meaning if you just HAVE to go the route of using ANY autoget script

K
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
K
Thanks CtrlAltDel, That's why I asked about the 'other' script. As I said earlier, I wasn't particularly after an autoget script - that just happened to be something I stumbled across on the net. What I was wanting was really just something that will show search results in a far simpler way than all down the sidebar. I had an Op recommend sbClient and, even though there's a couple of things I don't like about it, it does the job. I used to be on ChillVision and they used something called EZSearch and it was really good. Open, search, double-click to download - nothing more, easy peasy. It also makes you wait a certain amount of time before you can do another search. If I could get something like that it would be great but sbClient will certainly do in the meantime.

Link Copied to Clipboard