#223659 31/07/10 08:53 AM
T
Thrull Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Hello,

This isn't exactly a scripting question but I thought it best to ask here. I've updated to Mirc 7.1 however I'm seeing that some of the Unicode still isn't be displayed correctly.

I'm fairly certain the fonts I'm using aren't compliant, but I'm not sure how to test or where to get compliant fonts. Could anyone offer me some details on either issue?

Thanks

Edit: Upon doing some further research it appears this migh be a font linking issue. Any idea how one would solve this?

Last edited by Thrull; 31/07/10 09:11 AM.

Yar
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you are certain it's not because someone's trying to display the text using code pages instead of unicode, then you will want to go through your fonts one at a time and uninstall them until it works so you can find which font is causing the problem (you can reinstall them after testing them, of course).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
WKN Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
W
Hi,

try the DejaVu Font, its free, looks nearly an Arial font and displays a lot of Unicode codepoints.

WKN

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
For people who (like many of us) cannot used anything else than fixedsys but also want unicode support: fixedsysexcelsior.com

T
Thrull Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Thanks all. I think I have it mostly working now. It should do for 99% of the stuff that comes up on IRC.

Yar
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Thanks .. been looking for that wink

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
What about the terminal fonts? Alot of the scripts use bright.fon which is a terminal based font.

All of the terminal ascii no longer renders correctly frown in 7.1

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The characters you want to use are still available, and can now be used directly in a script and under any font.

Copy and paste the characters you desire from here into your script, or browse all the available characters here (section 25).

Link Copied to Clipboard