mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Currently, there are only two ways that channels (aka buttons in the Tools --> Options --> Display). Those ways are either by the time you joined the channel or, if you check "sort buttons", A-Z.

As someone who "idles" channels a lot, and has a different set of channels that are more important than others, I'd like to be able to click and drag channels in the list to the positions I want them.

This may be asking too much, but I'd also like to be able to "join" multiple servers that I'm connected to together and be able to sort within those, as well. So, if I'm on three networks, and one channel of each of those is the most important, I can move each channel from each network to the very top and they're all together to make it easier to navigate between channels.

The second suggestion I have is regarding the "Next". Currently, Ctrl+F6 is to go Next and I have yet to figure out what determines which channel it goes Next to. I have a feeling it does it by last activity in the channel, but I'd like the option, at least, to be able to go Up and Down rather than Next by activity. So if, say, my channels are ordered: #A #B #C, if I'm on Channel #B and I go Down, then I go to channel #C, regardless of whether that channel had the latest activity.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
+1 for the drag reorder suggestion.

As for activating the next channel, use Ctrl+N or Ctrl+Tab. The latter includes all windows.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
The drag reorder suggestion is nice, although I'd like it if it could be disabled; I personally have no need for it, and will surely by accident move a button to somewhere I don't want it ;_)

http://zowb.net

/server -m irc.p2p-network.net -j #zomgwtfbbq
(ssl on port 6697 and 7000)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I like the suggestion for dragging the switchbar buttons around. That's something I really appreciate in Windows 7 versus Windows XP on the task bar. I doubt I'd really use it in mIRC as I like having them sorted alphabetically, but it's something that can be very useful for people.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Originally Posted By: argv0
+1 for the drag reorder suggestion.

As for activating the next channel, use Ctrl+N or Ctrl+Tab. The latter includes all windows.

Thanks, I didn't know that. However, is there a command to go previous? Ctrl+Tab just goes down no matter what, and I want to be able to go back up without scrolling all the way down.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Add Shift to reverse the order (only works for Ctrl+Tab though).

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Add Shift to reverse the order (only works for Ctrl+Tab though).

Wow! I just went googling and didn't find it :] Thank you mucho! I really appreciate that! Though I do wish it were a two button command rather than three, but oh well :] Again, thank you!

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Adding Shift is a pseudo-standard UI behaviour for reversing the direction of a directed command. For instance, the well known Alt+TAB command moves forward while Alt+Shift+TAB goes back. Similarly, if you've used an IDE like Visual Studio in windows, you'll have seen Tab to indent and Shift-Tab to dedent code. Also, Firefox uses the same Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab combinations for moving between tabs. Photoshop uses Ctrl+Z to undo and Ctrl+Shift+Z to redo. There are probably many more examples. Guess you better get used to it smile

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Photoshop uses Ctrl+Z to undo and Ctrl+Shift+Z to redo. There are probably many more examples. Guess you better get used to it smile

I know it's a bit off topic, but when did the standard for undo switch from CTRL+Y to CTRL+SHIFT+Z?

http://zowb.net

/server -m irc.p2p-network.net -j #zomgwtfbbq
(ssl on port 6697 and 7000)
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Ctrl+Shift+Z isn't standard.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard