mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
hello folks.

I need your assistance. I followed the instructions on the mirc page to download the hotfix, the msagent and the character for msagent... aka peedy, for my windows 7 os. Everything seems fine. Peedy shows up, Peedy will make sounds.. yawns etc. However, I cannot seem to be able to get peedy to speak what is being posted by my irc guests. I need someone to help me get peedy, the msagent to work in my mirc.

Can someone give me a step by step process to get peedy speaking out-load to me when someone posts in my channel?

I do appreciate any support you can give me.

DeeperStill

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
on current release (7.1 of mIRC)

click.... tool, options, + next to sounds

click on agents button
make sure right agent is set in display.
click ok

click on events
set events you wish agent to handle.
click on ok

your now back at main sounds window
click check box to enable speach.

That should do it.

HorseC smile

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Thank you. I am not updated to mirc 7.1 , however, I did wonder if I needed to set some events to make it work , so I will go try that in this 6.35 version and see if it works.

I am not sure I want to upgrade to mirc 7. Every time I upgrade something else in my favorite eXtreme v 9 script, stops working. If there was a script like extreme v9 with a mirc 7 upgrade that worked, Id consider it.

I will let ya know if setting events helps with this agent.

thank you

Updated this message

Nope, setting events did not cause the agent to speak channel messages to me. However, the agent is speaking such things as departing channel, and who is on my notify list.

Perhaps its my script stopping it.

I am at a loss .

but thanks for your help

Last edited by DeeperStill; 31/07/10 01:57 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard