Print Thread
#223586 29/07/10 05:10 PM
J
JohnS Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
ive had a look in popups.ini and i see nothing of how to edit the treebar popup menu. i am wanting to use that instead of the switchbar but itd be nice if i could add some stuff to the menu.

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
There isn't a way. It's just like the switchbar, u can't do it :\
If you can at all, it will have to be done with a dll

I am SReject
My Stuff
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I'm not sure this is what you're looking for but the thing you can do is right clicking the treebar (not on an item) and select show menu > window.
Now if you do a right click on an item on the treebar, it will give you the popup menu for this type (status, channel, query, @win)

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
J
JohnS Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
i tried the Show Menu >> Window and it appears to just give different options of which i dont know how to change either.

Maybe if Khaled sees this it might be something to suggest to added an option to add stuff to the treebar window popup menu as well.

Last edited by JohnS; 29/07/10 08:03 PM.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
If you did set "show menu:" to "window", you'll have all the regular popups as defined by scripts (default or custom). Here you can make use of the $menu* identifiers. Example:
Code:
menu * {
  -
  fyi
  .menu (item) = $menu : noop
  .menutype = $menutype : noop
  .menucontext = $menucontext : noop
  $iif(($menucontext == treebar),this will show in treebar only) : echo -a something
  $iif(($menucontext != treebar),this will never show in treebar) : echo -a something else
}

You cannot change the "system" menu though, but I think it shouldn't be accessible to scripts anyway.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Quote:
You cannot change the "system" menu though, but I think it shouldn't be accessible to scripts anyway.

Strongly agree with this statement.

Yar
J
JohnS Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Originally Posted By: Horstl
If you did set "show menu:" to "window", you'll have all the regular popups as defined by scripts (default or custom). Here you can make use of the $menu* identifiers. Example:
Code:
menu * {
  -
  fyi
  .menu (item) = $menu : noop
  .menutype = $menutype : noop
  .menucontext = $menucontext : noop
  $iif(($menucontext == treebar),this will show in treebar only) : echo -a something
  $iif(($menucontext != treebar),this will never show in treebar) : echo -a something else
}

where do i put this or can i just paste it all in a new txt file and load it with /load ?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It goes into the Remotes section.

If you want to save it, then load it, use /load -rs

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I did test ur code, everything show but:
Code:

And yes, i have "Show treebar" enabled. Tested it in a clean install of mirc version 6.35.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The script works fine for me here - it displays "this will show in treebar only" when I right-click on a window name in the treebar. If I right-click in the window itself, it displays "this will never show in treebar". Note that the script cannot change the Treebar options menu. It only changes the popup menu for a particular window.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
ok.. thnx smile i test it again and see what happens..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard