mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#223198 17/07/10 09:18 PM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Hello, is there a way to let mIRC echo stuff to a command prompt?

For example, mirc.cmd
If somebody says anything, it echo's to mirc.cmd:

00:00:00 00/00/0000 Nick says: Hello, how are you?

(time/date/nick/msg)

Squee whenever a squee squee's. Squee whenever a squee does not squee.
C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
what is CMD.EXE???

and about
Quote:
If somebody says anything, it echo's to mirc.cmd:
00:00:00 00/00/0000 Nick says: Hello, how are you?

something like this
Code:
on *:text:*:*:echo -a $time $date(dd/mm/yyyy) $nick says: $1-

WorldDMT
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
@DuXxXieJ
I don't know what you mean with "echo to" or which prompt "a" command prompt is. You can feed the cmd.exe with /run, like in: "/run cmd /q /c ipconfig /flushdns" (just google for the cmd shell syntax). This may not be of use to you though as I don't know what your "mIRC.cmd" is about.

@chacha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cmd.exe

chacha #223275 20/07/10 12:17 PM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Yes, I know that. But that'll echo it to mIRC itsself. But I want to echo to a command prompt (like cmd.exe), like this:

[img]http://nl.tinypic.com/r/16777z8/3[/img]

I want it to echo in thát thing (its just cmd.exe). People can make there own command prompt by notepad. They can echo stuff, pause stuff etc. They save it as name.bat (bat = the extention, name = whatever you want to name it)

I want to try to let mirc echo everything to a name.bat

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can write to a .bat file just like you can a .txt file using /write. Just make sure that what you write is valid for a .bat file. Then, you can /run the .bat file if that's what you want to do.

If you want to run a command directly in a command prompt, you can do what was suggesting using /run. I'm not sure what you're trying to "echo" to the command prompt or why you'd want to. You need to be more specific in what your goal is for people to be able to help you with specific information rather than general.

There really isn't any reason I can think of as to why you'd echo a message from chat to the command prompt. It doesn't make any sense to do so. The command prompt is for executing commands, not for logging chat. If there's a reason or you have a better example of what you want to happen and why, then it would really help.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #223291 20/07/10 07:55 PM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Ofcourse, writing will work, I've thought about that already but that I need to close and open the .bat file over and over.. I want it to stay open while my mirc is open and write it down in the .bat file WITHOUT closing the .bat but still update it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unless it requires a LOT of updating, using /write really isn't a big deal. If you want to keep it open, use /fopen, /fwrite, and /fclose. You can /help all 3 of those. Note that other programs will not be able to write to the file while it's opened when using /fopen.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard