Print Thread
#223027 12/07/10 11:47 AM
B
BantaY Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
B
i suggest to the developer of mirc that the next version the user can view the webcam in the mirc..!!

BantaY #223028 12/07/10 01:17 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This should be in the Feature Suggestions forum. smile

Anyhow, it's been suggested before. There's a DLL out there that allows video/audio chatting in mIRC. Of course, anyone wanting to use it will need to get the DLL/script. Still, it's an option if you really need it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #223623 30/07/10 08:57 PM
D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
God bless you Riamus2,

Good to see you.

I was going to make this suggestion but I see someone beat me to it. I would love a voice option in mirc with avatars or webcam.
I've taken notice as most mirc users have over the past few years that voice chat sites are gaining and growing while irc seems to be losing many users to them. I think a voice/cam option would bring back the former loyal mirc users to irc.

A friend of mine who is a software developer in NZ has scripted something to that affect, but its very buggy and.. well, I prefer irc.

The one thing I have desired most over the years of using mirc/irc is the ability to input a name/ip/host into a dialogue and find out if the person is connected to the network I am on, or other networks. ( Isnt this the one thing that everybody secretly wants their mirc to do?... lol )

anyway. If I could do that.. well that would be the top thing for me.

DeeperStill

DeeperStill #223695 31/07/10 02:59 PM
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Ugh. No. Just no. The nice thing about IRC is it's minimalism. If you want to chat and use voice/webcam, you can already choose from loads of other software out there that actually supports it properly. If mIRC implements it, there's still a very large group out there that won't be able to use these features, as I doubt any other client would implement it any time soon, if ever.

http://zowb.net

/server -m irc.p2p-network.net -j #zomgwtfbbq
(ssl on port 6697 and 7000)
Knoeki #223696 31/07/10 03:05 PM
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
But that is the thing. While other software is getting more and more visually advanced. mIRC is simply text, as it is. I don't suuport this suggestion, though. If a person wants webcam, then they can get a dll, write a script, hand out script, and enjoy.

I am SReject
My Stuff
FroggieDaFrog #223706 31/07/10 04:55 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog

mIRC is simply text

Because that's what IRC is. I hope none of this is ever added. It's going to be bad enough when (if?) smilies and crap are added turning our mIRC into candyland.

BantaY #223741 01/08/10 02:46 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I agree, I dont think webcamming should be part of mirc - there's other ways to do it and as another said, mirc is simply text because that's what mirc is. I'd hate to see smilies get into mirc, but webcamming, I dont know, what good would video/voice chatting do for a text chat based program? is it really worth having it built in? I used to use mirc much more and yes, cammed myself, and I was fine using other programs to cam with, it just made sence. I just dont think that something "this advanced" should be in a text chat program, but YMMV

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard