mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#22265 04/05/03 02:39 PM
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
some ops are so rude for kicking or banning me from the channel before i could say anything. not a foul word. im just wondering how to become a channel operator.

thank you very much.

ectt95@yahoo.com

#22266 04/05/03 02:52 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Every channel has it's own policy and you will have to find out simply by asking a channel's super operator (SOP) or the founder.

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.
#22267 04/05/03 03:08 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
im just wondering how to become a channel operator.

If your network allows it just join a new channel and you are automatically the host there. You then need to register it, if your network has channel services. And then of course earn yourself some chatters. The latter is the hard bit.

#22268 04/05/03 05:28 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
"some ops are so rude for kicking or banning me from the channel before i could say anything. not a foul word."

While some ppl are rude/power hungry just on general principles (in which case, why would you want to be around them anyway?), there are other factors to consider.

-its their channel, they make the rules
-the ban may not be against you specifically but its wide enuf to include you
-you could be sending spam when you join without realizing it
-there is something in your nick/emailaddy field/realname field they find offensive.
-altho you dont say what the kick msg was, it could be you werent using a registered/identified to nick and the channel requires that
-they may not want ppl they dont know coming in but dont want to set the channel to invite only
-other instances where it isnt necessary to say a word to be kicked: repeated join/part, constant away msgs, idling for long periods if that isnt allowed

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard