#222585 25/06/10 12:32 PM
S
SvenV Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone :-)

I personaly would love to see a "Backup-Feature" in mIRC, to copy my settings and stuff, from my old OS to my new Installation.

Maybe a little "Backup/Restore"-Button, to copy the settings into a ZIP-File (or RAR, LHA, or whatever you prefer, hehe), drag it to my USB Drive would be cool. also would give me a good feeling to know "if windows will crash, my mIRC-Stuff is save" ;-)

best wishes,

Sven

SvenV #222589 25/06/10 04:27 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
All you have to do is save the folder where mirc.ini is located...

To open that folder:
//run $mircdir

Then copy/compress/whatever everything that is there. If you also want a backup copy of the main mirc folder in case that's where you store your scripts, then use:

//run .\

And, again, copy/compress/etc everything in there. It's easy enough to set that up using a script as well if you want it to run automatically every so often or just have a menu item that does it whenever you manually click it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
SvenV #222592 25/06/10 05:29 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have had this feature on my to-do list for some time, however I have not had the time to implement it unfortunately. I think it is a great idea and would definitely make life easier for users who want to perform multiple backups (in fact I would probably use it myself :-) and/or move their copy of mIRC from one computer to another, which is somewhat tricky currently, especially for non-technical users. I cannot guarantee that it will be in the next release but it will very likely be in the version after that :-)

Khaled #222603 26/06/10 06:45 AM
S
SvenV Offline OP
OP Offline
S
thanks for your reply, Khaled :-)

looking forward, to see that feature soon :-P

best wishes to you,

Sven

Link Copied to Clipboard