mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#2225 17/12/02 07:52 PM
C
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
Hi im running a software proxy on my home network. The software im running is pppshar. If i try to connect to dalnet from the server without the server running everything is fine ident works and i can connect. However as soon as pppshar is running i do longer get ident response and i cant connect to dalnet allthough i can connect to other networks. Any help would be most greatfull as i am starting to pull my hair out now.

#2226 17/12/02 09:12 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I've never heard of that proxy software; however, you'll have to figure out how to open up port 113 and let your mIRC's computer respond to the AUTH request.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
#2227 19/12/02 04:11 AM
L
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
L
Same type of problem. I am running a UNIX gateway and when i try to connect to other IRC servers i get K-Linked becasue of an Open Proxy Monitor List. My gateway must run Sqid to shunt all HTTP requests (Proxy server) so that my ISP will not grab the IP's of the BOX's on the Gateway. My ISP has some type of IP tracking that saw my Internal IP's. Witch it shouldnt. My question is how can i get my PC (not the gateway but a PC Connecting to it) to login to MIRC servers without it comen back that i have an open proxy? Is there something i can set in my mirc to stop servers from K-Lineing me?

#2228 19/12/02 01:46 PM
A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
1) Can you possibly get that one computer running mIRC to not go through the router? I understand that this is probably not a good solution, but it would work smirk

2) Follow Hammer's suggestion to force the router to allow the requests.

Link Copied to Clipboard