mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
hey. i've had irc for a while, but never used it for anything out of basic chatting, so i'm stumped.

i've been going on this network/channel for a little while and since i am there a lot, one of the admins gave me permanent +o status with "ChanServ." one of the other guys with the same status as me bans my address often when i am not online, which prevents me from getting in.

is there a way i can stop this (besides asking one of the admins), get back in the channel, and maybe give him a taste of his own medicine?

if you need more info, just ask and let me know what you need, i can try and get it.

Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
We would need to know what network you are utilizing to be able to help you with the correct commands.

If another Operator is banning your host (address) I would talk to that operator first and ask the reason. It could be so simple that another user with a similar host as yours is causing problem in the channel is the one being banned.

If the operator has no good reason/response I advise you to talk to the founder of the channel about the situation.

The wheel of time turns. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
irc.synirc.com

the guy does it often enough, just to be an ass.. but like i said: is there a way i can stop this (besides asking one of the admins), get back in the channel, and maybe give him a taste of his own medicine?

the admins come on like once or twice a day, and its often when i'm not home.

To remove your ban in the channel you must be identified as an AOp and then type /chanserv unban #Channel-name and then re-join.

About getting back at him is not something I really want to help with since that is just making you as bad as him. I still advise you to talk to the founder of the channel about this operator who bans you.

The wheel of time turns. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
ahh that seemed to work... can i get in when the channel is set to invite or limit? that's +i and +l... i would use "/chanserv #chan -il" or something?

edit; nevermind, seems the invite command works.

Last edited by Mark_Of_D; 10/06/10 01:11 AM.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H

Link Copied to Clipboard