#221787 29/05/10 01:48 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I use this code to display what grapic card i have:

//echo -a $wmiget(Win32_VideoController).AdapterCompatibility $wmiget(Win32_VideoController).VideoProcessor $bytes($wmiget(Win32_VideoController).AdapterRam,3).suf

But it dont display the card name, it only says:
ATI Technologies Inc. ATI display adapter (0x68BE) 1.00GB

Any ideas on how to solve this? worked just fine on my old nvidia card..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Try using a property than actually returns the model name (hint: there are a few that do the trick on my ATI-based system - VideoProcessor isn't one) by looking at the Win32_VideoController property list.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
the closest i can get is $wmiget(Win32_VideoController).Description, but still don't show my card, it show ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 1.00GB. and not the right card, the card is 5750.. smirk

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Keep in mind that all of those descriptions are completely up to the manufacturers and are not always going to be correct. You have the option of also checking other properties that may be correct depending on the manufacturer (name or caption). In the end, there's little you can do if the manufacturer puts incorrect or no information in the value.

Personally, I use VideoController with the Caption property along with the AdapterRAM property to get the RAM value.

Last edited by Riamus2; 29/05/10 08:03 PM.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Been looking around on the site qwerty gave me, and i found almost everything i need.. smile But i missing 2 things, i want to get the gpu and the monitor name, can it be done without the use of a dll ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Monitor: Win32_DesktopMonitor - MonitorType

(Note that a driver for it needs to be installed or it will show something along the lines of Plug and Play Monitor).

As for the GPU, like I said, you can use Win32_VideoController - Caption, but it depends on whether or not that property is filled by the manufacturer. Or, if you mean other than something like "NVIDIA GeForce GT 220", then can you give an example?

Invision Support
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I mean like Nvidia geForce GT xxx, and for the monitor i test it, thnx for the help smile

;---- Edit

$wmiget(Win32_DesktopMonitor).name did the trick for the monitor smile

Last edited by sparta; 02/06/10 06:20 PM.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Win32_VideoController - Caption gives you that information.

Invision Support
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
It gives ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, but as you said befor, maybe thats all the info i can get about the card. smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Probably. I don't think ATI cards give anything other than series.

Invision Support

Link Copied to Clipboard