mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
zorin Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Z
So.. I got this application called TV-Browser ( tvbrowser.org), it has a reminder plugin wich can run an application with some customizable parameters when a tv program is about to start.

Now the thing is to get this info into a mirc channel (for recording purposes) The first thing i thought of was DDE, and I found two programs called DDE_run and CMCDDE, but I had no luck getting them to communicate with mirc. Now for a few days i have been googling for some dde/com/scoket/dll thing that can help me, with no luck.
I'm pretty sure there is a easy way to do this, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would make my day! smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I just downloaded the DDE_run program that you mentioned - it's a little cryptic but I managed to get it to work :-) You can use the following format to issue DDE messages to mIRC:

DDE_run.exe -s mIRC -t COMMAND -n "C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe" -c "//echo Hello World!"

Does that work for you?

Z
zorin Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Z
Ah that is so awsome laugh Works perfectly, even without the -n parameter. Thank you khaled :*

Link Copied to Clipboard