mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Daveoh Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
After changing a script from outside of mIRC, it will notice one file change but no more changes afterwards.
Edit: Just been reloading it in various ways, now it doesn't seem to notice changes at all.
Edit #2: Seems to start working again sometimes (but only once), can't find a definite cause.
Win7 x64

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have been unable to reproduce this issue here so far. I installed a clean copy of mIRC, edited the aliases.ini file using an external text editor, and every time I saved the changes, mIRC displayed the "File Change" dialog. If you test this in a clean install of mIRC, are you still able to reproduce the issue?

Daveoh Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I tried it on a clean copy and it had no problems, but my other client still wouldn't recognize changes.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be something to do with the options in mirc.ini. I'm spending too long trying to figure it out, so I'll give you the copies if you want to take a look at it (I'll PM the links). On the file which is used before 7.04, it doesn't monitor changes on newly loaded files. I'm guessing this could affect anyone upgrading to 7.04. I think the problem is under the [options] section, item 'n1', 9th value.

Last edited by Daveoh; 01/06/10 06:39 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard