mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Network specific highlighting would be a very useful feature, I keep getting highlights across networks for things that aren't specific to that network. Would be a great feature ^^

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
This could be a useful feature if it was integrated into the UI. However, there is a workaround you can use to get this behavior in the meantime.

Let's say you want to highlight the word "strawberry" when it appears on any channel on EFnet, but not any other network. You could do that by first creating a custom alias in the remotes section like this:

Code:
alias hl-strawberry { if ($network == EFnet) { return strawberry } }

Then, you would set the highlight text to:

Code:
$hl-strawberry

This would give the desired result.

Another common example might be if you want to match when anyone uses whatever nickname you are currently using, which can be done more simply by just setting the highlight text to

Code:
$me

Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Hum thanks for the work around I'd still like if it was added to the GUI :3

Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Mew unfortunatly I can't seem to get it working with wild cards...

I tried this:

Code:
alias hl-straw__ {
  if ($istok(fakeºnotrealºboo,$network,186)) {
    return Straw *
  }
}

then added "$hl-straw__" to my highlights and typing "straw mew" did not set off the highlight. I then tried this:

Code:
alias hl-straw {
  if ($istok(fakeºnotrealºboo,$network,186)) {
    return Straw
  }
}

and added "$hl-straw *" same problem it doesn't trigger..

I'm guessing the wild card loses it's special quality when return is used.. Any ideas? *Hopes for a GUI version* ^^;

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Wilcards are not necessary there. Adding network support to the GUI won't change that fact. just use $hl-straw and that's it, it will match "Straw" anywhere in the line.

As a sidenote, why on earth are you using $chr(186) (a NON-ASCII character) as a token delimiter in your hardcoded data? Use a sane value, like a space.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
I also can't get wildcards to work when using this method. To be honest, I'm not even sure if using identifiers with the highlight feature is intended behavior -- I just know that it works, at least in a limited capacity.

Sorry but I don't see a workaround for you at this time.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
She may want the wildcards so that she can enforce spaces around the matchtext though. Normally the highlight feature does support wildcards if they are used. Perhaps a regex version would work.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
mirc's inbuilt highlight feature supports regex. She may be able to use the $highlight() identifier with an alias, $network = to return the match she wants.

Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
That'd be great if I knew how I guess ^^;

Link Copied to Clipboard