mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#221751 28/05/10 06:56 PM
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
Mirc Address Book is there any way to make yourself not appear on someone else address book so they wouldn't no when I was on line Thanks...................Bruce-O

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That has nothing to do with mIRC's address book. The closest thing you can do is set yourself +i (in 6.35, Alt-O > Connect -- in 7.x, Alt-O > Connect > Options > Use Invisible Mode). However, all that does not prevent people from seeing you in channels or doing a /whois on you to see if you're online or simply trying to /msg or /notice you to see if you're online. In the end, it really doesn't do much for what you're asking, but it's the closest thing there is. Basically, if you don't want someone to know you're on, use a different nick.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
Does this statement mean put +i where my name go's because it won't let me sign in this way thanks .................Bruce-O

The closest thing you can do is set yourself +i (in 6.35, Alt-O > Connect -- in 7.x, Alt-O > Connect > Options > Use Invisible Mode)

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
No. The +i mode makes you invisible to the server, but there's no way of stopping people from putting you on their watch list or in their address books.

To set the +i mode follow the directions given for the version of mIRC that you are using.

As stated, if someone wants to find out if you're online or not, there are many ways for them to try in order to determine this.

The only way to stop them, is to not go online.

Link Copied to Clipboard