mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Lloyd_B Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
I hope this isn't a repeat suggestion. I did check the other topics before posting this.

I'd like to see the ability to customize the menu that comes up when the mouse pointer is on a displayed channel name and the right mouse button clicked. Currently it shows just three options:

Join Channel
List Users
Show Topic

I'd like to be able to change and add to that list of options. I haven't found any option for doing that currently.

Lloyd
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
are u talking about when u right click on an active channel? if so, look into /help menus

if you're talking about like someone says a channel name, u should be able to edit that menu with /help on hotkey

unless u were talking about the switchbar button inwhich case, there's more than just those 3 options :\

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 23/04/10 06:28 AM.

I am SReject
My Stuff
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
On hotkey doesn't let you change the menu - just catch the right click.

You would need to script your own menus to replace that menu in on hotkey.

L
Lloyd_B Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
I'm talking about when a channel name is displayed in like the 'whois' data or from other data in the Status window. When someone uses the mouse pointer to hover over a channel name and then right click on that channel. The only options are the three I mentioned.

I guess I have to dig through the help files more and learn a lot more.

Lloyd
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
It would be nicer to allow to trigger a popup on rightclicking a HOTLINK event as a more general case.

Code:
on ^*:HOTLINK:#*:*:return
on ^*:HOTLINK:#*:*:if ($mouse.key & 16) showpopup MYPOPUPNAME

menu MYPOPUPNAME {
}

It would require a new command /showpopup to trigger a context menu and custom menu definition names outside of channel,nicklist,etc. (though showpopup could theoretically take a .ini file or some other method). Other than that, it should allow people to define custom popups for all hotlinks, not just channels.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard