mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
when reloading logs from a previous mIRC session, some of the lines of text are black after a ctrl+o character. I have a screenshot, and the respective log entries for the screenshot to explain this phenomenon better, screenshot and log.
it seems to only be lines with my nick in them. I don't really understand that (my nick is Bekarfel)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It appears that every line that is giving you problems has a control code at the beginning of the line. I can't see which control code since I don't have mIRC in front of to to do copy/paste it into to check, but that seems to be the cause. Why it's there, I have no idea. Are you using mIRC's logging or is a script logging? What are your logging settings?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
$chr(3) is the CTRL+K control code. mIRC is just saving the colors of the lines (which can be enabled by checking "Line colors" in the logging options window).

Notice that the ending parentheses are also not showing up in the quit messages (since there is a CTRL+O code there as well).

Naturally, since mIRC is just loading the lines back into the buffer, there are going to be issues because putting a color control code at the beginning of the line is not the same as echoing a line with a particular color. Most notably, if you used CTRL+O, the expected color would be different in each case.

However, even noticing this, it looks like what you are experiencing is in fact a bug, because I can't think of any reason why the lines with colors at the beginning would be handled differently than the ones without. In other words, why do the colored lines revert to black when CTRL+O is encountered, but the uncolored lines revert to white?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the bug report - this issue was due to a bug in the "Line Colors" option, which was being applied to loaded lines incorrectly (and even if the option was enabled or not). This has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard