mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#220592 19/04/10 08:29 AM
Knoeki Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Well, not sure what to call it otherwise.

I know there's the on ERROR event, but that doesn't do what I want. I'd like to have an event that gets triggered whenever an error occurs somewhere in a script, so that I can easily handle them.

I realize you can just simply use a :error label in your scripts, but let's face it, that's far from a clean and practical solution to put in every single event/alias if you generally want to handle errors in almost the exact same way (i.e. outputting them to a certain window and hilighting it, or maybe in the case of a bot, send a /msg to the owner about it, etc.)

http://zowb.net

/server -m irc.p2p-network.net -j #zomgwtfbbq
(ssl on port 6697 and 7000)
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
It has been suggested many time in the past, it is still a good idea, but imo, if we only have the actual system, it's because Khaled doesn't want people to be able to hide any scripts errors messages as easily as on ^*:serror:*: ... | haltdef

Last edited by Wims; 19/04/10 05:01 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Knoeki Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Doesn't seem like an issue to me, because I'm fairly sure not all events can be halted with the ^ prefix and haltdef to begin with.

I don't really want to surpress error messages, I just want to be able to parse the error message when it occurs and be able to appropriately take action.

Why someone would want to surpress errors goes beyond me, but I'm sure someone has some silly reason to do so.

http://zowb.net

/server -m irc.p2p-network.net -j #zomgwtfbbq
(ssl on port 6697 and 7000)
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
What I'm saying is that if Khaled didn't implemented it already, it's not because it's hard.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
Originally Posted By: Wims
What I'm saying is that if Khaled didn't implemented it already, it's not because it's hard.

It just might be due to its low priority on Khaled’s todo list.

btw, this was suggested multiple times before.

Last edited by Wiz126; 19/04/10 11:02 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard