Print Thread
#219785 29/03/10 02:10 AM
T
Tvaldes Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I'm having a problem with connecting to a network. I have performs set up, and I actually do show up as being connected on the network when someone /whois's me to see whether or not I'm on the server. When I am force-joined to channels to see if I can talk, I'm unable to do so. The channel doesn't even show up on my mIRC screen. When I close mIRC, I appear connected on the network until someone disconnects me via the /kill command. I would greatly appreciate any kind of advice. I've tried everything that I can possibly think of. Thanks in advance!

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Originally Posted By: Tvaldes
I'm having a problem with connecting to a network. I have performs set up, and I actually do show up as being connected on the network when someone /whois's me to see whether or not I'm on the server. When I am force-joined to channels to see if I can talk, I'm unable to do so. The channel doesn't even show up on my mIRC screen. When I close mIRC, I appear connected on the network until someone disconnects me via the /kill command. I would greatly appreciate any kind of advice. I've tried everything that I can possibly think of. Thanks in advance!

ok..

first. what os and what version of mirc are you running.
second. are you running any scripts. if so do /remote off
to disable them.
third. force join ? whats this about. do you mean you can not
join any channels at all ?

The symtoms you are reporting are very strange, the above information will help us clarify what your problem could be.

Thanks in advance for the further information.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
T
Tvaldes Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Hiya, thanks for the quick reply! I'm running Windows Vista and it's the 6.35 version of mIRC. I'm not running any scripts, no. I have performs set up but they're copied and pasted from other people who use them to access the network that I'm trying to access and they work fine with them. By force join, I'm referring to the actual /fjoin command used by Server Administrators. I've had people do that to see if that helps, and I appear to join the room but I can't talk and I don't see it on my window. I know. It is very odd. I've never had this problem before and I can actually connect to other networks fine. No one else has this problem either. =/

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Is it possible you were shunned on the network?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
Tvaldes Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Nope. I can get on the network via Java and talk fine. It's just mIRC.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
That doesn't necessarily mean the network isn't broken, just that Java is more resilient to the behaviour. What network is this on?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard