mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#219250 10/03/10 09:43 PM
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Sometimes when I get up in the morning mIRC has DCed from some of my servers and never reconnected. It seems like retry isn't working. Here's an exmaple.

Quote:
* [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #1 au.austnet.org (+6697)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Host disconnected)

That's all that happened despite me having the following retry settings:

Code:
Enable connect retry: Checked
If not connected in: 60 secs
Retry connection: 9999 time(s)
Retry delay: 30 secs
Try next server in group: Checked

Any ideas? Only seems to happen sometimes too not all the time.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do you have "Display invalid certificates for approval" enabled in the Connect Options SSL dialog? If you are connecting to an SSL server, which appears to be the case, then if the certificate confirmation dialog appears and you do not accept it within sixty seconds, it is automatically closed and the connection is cancelled, the reasoning being that there would be no point in reconnecting to the same server repeatedly if no one is there to manually accept the certificate.

Khaled #219281 11/03/10 11:43 PM
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I do so it's probably that x.x Would it be possible to leave a message to let people know that it happened?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sure, I have added an invalid certificate disconnection message, it will be in the next version of mIRC.

Update: looking into this a little more, it looks like there will be situations where it would make sense for mIRC to continue trying to reconnect, eg. if there are multiple servers available in a DNS pool (although most SSL servers tend to use "invalid" certificates, so it may not help). I will be changing the behaviour in the next version to continue retrying the connection in this situation.

Last edited by Khaled; 12/03/10 12:49 AM.
Khaled #219286 12/03/10 06:15 AM
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Thank you so much ^^

Link Copied to Clipboard