mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
ZSV Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
Hi, I've been trying to hide that * Disconnected, but I can't seem to find a way. This script would work if it got triggered, but it doesn't:
Code:
on ^*:disconnect: {
  haltdef
}

Removing the ^ seems to fix the trigger problem, but of course, that means it can't be haltdef'ed anymore. Has anyone got a clue how to do it?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
As far as I know the ^ event prefix is not supported for the on connect or disconnect event. According to the help file:
Quote:
The ^ event prefix currently works only on the following types of events: ACTION, BAN, CHAT, DEHELP, DEOP, DEVOICE, HELP, INVITE, JOIN, KICK, MODE, NICK, NOTICE, OP, OPEN, PART, PING, TEXT, UNBAN, USERMODE, VOICE, QUIT, SERV, SERVERMODE, SERVEROP, SNOTICE, TABCOMP, TOPIC, WALLOPS.

Z
ZSV Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
I know, but is there any other way I could do it?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You're doomed. I don't think you can hide or remove mirc's default reply of: * Disconnected

In fact, I've never seen people ask of getting rid of it. However, you can post this in the feature suggestions in the hope that Khaled will add an option to enable or disable it for showing.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just as a note... hiding that leaves you in the same basic situation people were in before mIRC got an improved disconnection check... you wouldn't notice that you got disconnected until you tried typing something.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
You ought to be able to fake it by checking if the last line in the buffer is "* disconnected" (or whatever the message says), then save the buffer, clear the buffer and reload all but the last line of the buffer.

While this doesn't stop it from displaying, it does effectively mean you won't see it. I suspect it may be a bit memory intensive if your buffer is quite long though.

Yar
Z
ZSV Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
Well, the point is that I want it to be displayed in another language since I'm making a translation script for mIRC. Someone already told me to just change the default text (although I don't have a clue where and how), but could I put a variable in it?

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Well, his point was that you would be able to /echo your own message after refreshing the buffer window with all the buffer but the last line.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Z
ZSV Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
Ok, I'll give it a try... I'm not very familiar with buffer manipulation, but I'll do my best :p

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Why not suggest translation tables for mIRC as an improvement? That's one thing that mIRC should have.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C

WorldDMT
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
In any case (/echo or /*buf commands) you'll loose line colours and subtleties like indentation/hard wrapping. /filter has a -z switch, but won't be of use here either because -afaik- it won't take the status window as outfile.

Link Copied to Clipboard