mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
CheeToS Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
I think it would be nice if there were a setting (either in DCC settings or on the DCC Send dialog, or both) to set the default packet size for DCC sends. I upload at roughly 63 KB/s with the default packet size of 4KB, but I get well over 300 KB/s with 32KB chunks. The problem, however, is that I often forget to change the setting before beginning a send. It's really obnoxious needing to cancel the send and resume it with the desired setting. I looked around and couldn't find any way to change the default.

Keep up the good work smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just use an alias instead of /dcc send. Make the alias do the packet change automatically so you can type something like: /s nick file

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
CheeToS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'm not using /dcc send, I'm using the built-in DCC Send dialog. The DCC Send dialog cannot be scripted to change the default.

edit: Either way, it doesn't appear that the /dcc send command has an option for packet size at all, only max cps. That would be a good thing to add, too!

Last edited by CheeToS; 26/02/10 01:21 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Code:
menu nicklist {
  DCC Send:customsend $1 $$?="Enter path\filename"
}
alias customsend {
  dcc packetsize 4096
  dcc send $1 $2-
}

Something like that would work. Then you'd right click a nick, select DCC Send from the menu, and enter the filename. Of course, you can make it more useful by using a file selection dialog rather than just an input event, but that gives you an idea.

EDIT: Btw, I also think changing the default in that dialog is a good feature. This is just a way to make it work in the meantime.

Last edited by Riamus2; 26/02/10 02:25 AM.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
CheeToS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ah, good call, didn't know about the packetsize argument. Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard