mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
risami Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
this channel makes me auto join how do you ignore it? or block it its really annoying.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The best you can do is to part the channel upon you joining it.
Replace #channel with the channel name.
Code:
on me:*:join:#channel: part $chan

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Although you can /part it, if the network forces you to join a channel, you will just rejoin if you part it unless they don't have it set up well. This ends up being that network's rules/requirements and you have to either accept the rules, try to get them to change the rules, or not use that network. If you automatically rejoin even if you part the channel, then there's no way to bypass that.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
risami Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
well its annoying now everytime i get on somebody tries to force send me a file how do you report this...i dont want to get virus

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If someone's trying to send files to you, you can either block DCC downloads entirely or /ignore the person if it's one specific person. If you want to report the person, you'd want to either email the network by visiting the network's website and looking for their contact information, or else try to get in touch with an ircop on the network. On many networks, typing /who 0 o (I think that's right) will list any ircops currently online. Or, you can usually join a #help channel and ask for an ircop or explain the situation to those who are there.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Z
Zed Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
/who * o
for a list of ircops

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
...depends on the IRCd, "who +m o" to throw in another.
The best proposal was given though: to join a network help channel and ask should work on whatever daemon wink

Link Copied to Clipboard