Print Thread
#218524 16/02/10 08:19 PM
Y
Yman Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Y
Is there anyway, users of PC with mIRC can chat together with users of mIRC on a Mac.....in the same window....

With Light, Life and Love
Yman #218525 16/02/10 08:30 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you can run mIRC on Mac, then you can chat with anyone regardless what OS they use. Mac isn't supported, but you may be able to run mIRC through a Windows emulator/mode. Or you can use another client that is made for Mac and talk to anyone using mIRC on another OS.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Yman #218544 17/02/10 06:04 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
OSX has Darwine, which is a port of Wine, which runs mIRC pretty decently. At least a few OSX users I know use mIRC.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #218558 17/02/10 07:32 PM
Y
Yman Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Y
Hi first Thanks for your answer.. but let me ask more precisely..
if I use mIRC on a PC....Is there anyway a Macuser can use mIRC on his Mac and we are in the same chat window..??

Also can you verify if my understanding is correct...
A macuser can download a program called Darwine and through this program mIRC can be can be open and functional in a channel where there are PC users.... ???

Please help .. I got a friend on Mac and she like to chat (inworld virtual) with me, but I use PC.

Sincerely Yman

With Light, Life and Love
Yman #218559 17/02/10 08:19 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
IRC is used by people on any operating system as long as they have an IRC client (such as mIRC). On IRC, you can join any network and channel that you want as long as there isn't any required authorization (password). IRC doesn't care what OS you have and unless you tell someone, no one on IRC will know what OS you have. There aren't any limitations for using IRC to chat regardless of your OS other than having to choose a specific client. You can use mIRC on PC and chat with someone using Colloquy on Mac or XChat on Linux, or chat with people on Mac and Linux who are using mIRC through a Windows emulator. It just doesn't matter. Just join the same network and the same channel. That's all.

And, so that you know... it's not generally acceptable to copy a post and send it as a private message to people. Ask questions in the forum only. Private messages are for private conversations, not for asking questions that aren't private.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
So I wasn't the only one who got spammed, then. Now I don't even feel special.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard