Print Thread
#217875 24/01/10 04:52 AM
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
When using $cr, $lf, or $crlf as part of an $input titlebar text, it looks ugly (depend on Windows setting, some people won't see the problem).
I don't know if it's a bug with mIRC or Windows but /titlebar doesn't seems to be affected by this (I suppose that these characters are removed), not really necessary but it would be good to have the same behavior for any titlebar in mIRC

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Why doesn't your script simply remove "ugly" characters? I don't see why mIRC should limit your ability to insert $cr/$lf in a message if you really want to.

The reason it doesn't show in the titlebar is because mIRC does custom drawing there for unicode support and such-- this might change if/when mIRC becomes unicode capable.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
He's talking about the inconsistency between the main mIRC windows titlebar and the titlebar of $input dialogs. I agree, one behaviour or the other please.

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I don't use any script that is inserting these characters, I've only noticed this by mixing parameters in $input.
I don't bother at all if this will be changed or not, that's just for making mIRC better.
Quote:
The reason it doesn't show in the titlebar is because mIRC does custom drawing there for unicode support and such
Well, removing these characters isn't related to unicode or to custom drawing at all, he could have choosen to let us the ability to use these characters anyway.
If the next version of mIRC is 100% unicode ( should be ) and that titlebar's display are the same for any titlebar, that would be just nice

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
When mIRC becomes a proper unicode application, it would be fair to expect $input titlebars to behave like mIRC's window titlebar, yes.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard