mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#217682 19/01/10 10:25 PM
P
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
I don't know if it has been mentioned But what about a dictionary like on some browsers and on word where if you type something wrong it hi lights it in red with a list of suggestions or to add it, while typing in irc. and maybe the option to change the colour from red if you want?

paliometoxo #217687 20/01/10 12:31 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
actually, this has been asked before, and the answer than (and I think it will stay the same) is there are many dictionary programs out there already, no point in adding the overhead into mirc. You could use an On Input function to check what you type by calling an external dictionary program. While I have not done this myself (yet) I do know of others who have.

GOod luck smile

HorseC

HorseC #217694 20/01/10 11:53 AM
P
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
Originally Posted By: HorseC
actually, this has been asked before, and the answer than (and I think it will stay the same) is there are many dictionary programs out there already, no point in adding the overhead into mirc. You could use an On Input function to check what you type by calling an external dictionary program. While I have not done this myself (yet) I do know of others who have.

GOod luck smile

HorseC

oh i see thanks. i guess i will google for a program. thanks for the advice smile

paliometoxo #217695 20/01/10 01:06 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It sounds like you're really looking for a spellchecker rather than a dictionary script. A dictionary script would give you definitions, not check spelling.

I wrote a dictionary script awhile back (kakkoiitranslations.net/mircscripts/) if you want to see an example of what a dictionary script does. As for spellcheckers, I'm sure you could find one at Hawkee or Mircscripts sites.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard