mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Javid Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Alright, I just updated to Windows 7 using a clean install. Now before I migrated I saved my mirc.ini file and my servers.ini file.

Now in the past I have done this before, and it always worked. I would just paste these two files back in the mIRC directory after a clean install of mIRC and everything was good to go. Now when I do this I don't get anything but the default mIRC settings.

What am I doing wrong here?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
There should be a pinned topic about this.

Default mirc settings are now stored in a public folder.

Originally Posted By: "version.txt"

20.For Vista compatibility, new installations of mIRC now save all settings in the User's "Application Data\mIRC" folder by default.

However, if the installer or mIRC find mirc.ini in the same folder as mirc.exe they will use the mirc.exe folder for all settings.
Users installing over an old version of mIRC should therefore see no change in behaviour.

The installer is now also aware of administrator and standard user accounts and installs mIRC accordingly.

So either put your backed up ini file in this folder, or put mirc.exe in a different folder than the original setup folder with your scripts and backed up mirc.ini.

J
Javid Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Originally Posted By: DJ_Sol
There should be a pinned topic about this.

Default mirc settings are now stored in a public folder.

Originally Posted By: "version.txt"

20.For Vista compatibility, new installations of mIRC now save all settings in the User's "Application Data\mIRC" folder by default.

However, if the installer or mIRC find mirc.ini in the same folder as mirc.exe they will use the mirc.exe folder for all settings.
Users installing over an old version of mIRC should therefore see no change in behaviour.

The installer is now also aware of administrator and standard user accounts and installs mIRC accordingly.

So either put your backed up ini file in this folder, or put mirc.exe in a different folder than the original setup folder with your scripts and backed up mirc.ini.

I did that, and it still doesn't work. I put my ini files in the same directory as the main program and it doesn't work. Also, where can I access the users Application Data File in Windows 7?

I can't find it anywhere.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try Start > Run > %APPDATA%

J
Javid Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Originally Posted By: 5618
Try Start > Run > %APPDATA%