mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Hello,

I am not sure that this can be added but i want to suggest it, when using the /timerMYTIMER off and have this example event is it possible to be worked?

e.g: ON *:TIMEROFF:MYTIMER: { echo -s The $v1 timer has been ended, do now "/rr_mytimer" to start again }

alias rr_mytimer { timerMYTIMER 0 90 echo -s This is MYTIMER timer for example }

Also add the ON *:TIMERSTART:MYTIMER: { echo -s The $v1 timer has been started, do now "/timerMYTIMER off" to end it! }

thanks!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
In general, there's no reason to have an event for a command that you directly issue ("directly" as opposed to "indirectly" from an IRC server or outside source, for instance). For example, if you're already issuing /timerN off, you can just put the event code right after (and move it all to an alias for organization purposes). Same goes for ON TIMERON.. just call the command when you /timer

However, there's one scenario where TIMEROFF might be helpful, and that's for timers with N > 1 repetitions-- though you can still handle it in your timer command, so it's not really necessary.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

It looks to me as if someone wants to prevent users from stopping timers that their script has started.

Code:

on *:TIMEROFF:MYTIMER: {
  timerMYTIMER 0 90 echo -s This is MY TIMER and you may not stop it!!
}

westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Yes RoCk you're right that i want to say! this could be possible to be added?

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
@westor: That's an argument *against* adding it.

Users should be able to stop any timer they wish. In fact, I'd consider any script that forces a timer back on as somewhat malicious in intent.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
I agree that forcing a /timer down the user's throat is bad, but I often find myself doing a /timers off when I want to turn off a particular timer gone astray, just because I can't remember its name (or even worse its number). In such cases, I would actually appreciate an automatic restart of a /timer that I know I need.

A possible solution to the problem would be a new /timer switch (eg -x) that would prevent the on TIMEROFF event from firing.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
An even better solution to that scenario would be /timers pause so you could inspect the situation (/timers -l), stop the rogue timers and /timers resume when you're done

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
anyway guys i think one of those events will be very helpfull!

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Yes, because I'd love to be able to do something like:
Code:
on ^1:TIMEROFF:*: {
  .timer* off
  halt
}

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Apart from the fact that /timers -p/r doesn't work (these switches don't support multiple timers/wildcards), I find having to issue 3 commands a bit cumbersome.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard