OP Offline
Babel fish
Z
on *:CLOSE:Status Window: ...

doesn't work.

But if a * is added in front of the window name:
on *:CLOSE:*Status Window: ...

it works.

"CLOSE" is the only event with this problem.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
here is a stab a reason for this 'issue' (may be off base but i think not)..

The status window is unique since there can be more than one (if you open multiple servers). For this reason the status window is network associated and its name is more than JUST status window. By putting the * in front you are in effect saying close ALL status windows. While this may NOT be what you want to do, it as you know, does work. if you open multiple nets and list the windows It may (not online to check right now) disply the full name for the status window (including the network).

If I am off base with this reply, would apprecaite a correction.

Respectfully,

HorseC

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
With many items in reference to the Status Window, you have to enclose the words Status Window in quotation marks "Status Window" due to the space between Status and Window.
Note that using an * as a wildcard works, as that allows any or no characters/words to come before the actual Status Window phrase.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The on OPEN/CLOSE events work slightly differently from other identifiers and require one of the <?|@|=|!|*> prefixes to be specified so that a correct window match can be made. This is because these events are triggered in more complex situations. Looking at the code again, it should be possible to make them work in line with other identifiers without affecting existing scripts. I'll see if I can do that for the next version.

Z
Zed Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Z
Khaled:
In fact I have no problem with the "forced" syntax in OPEN/CLOSE. After all there is no possibility of name collision with other windows (AFAIK there is no possibility of a space in their name). Perhaps the solution could be to add a specific prefix for status windows?

I just thought that this could be a bug since other "on" events don't need the extra *.

Examples:
on *:HOTLINK:*:Status Window:...
on *:ACTIVE:Status Window:...

PS: have you received my PM about an old "line marker" bug?

Link Copied to Clipboard