Print Thread
#216375 11/11/09 04:59 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Hi, my problem is as follows:

I am trying to load a script for a dice rolling bot in mIRC, when I first tried to load the script I got the following error:

* /load: no such file 'C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\mIRC\diceconf.mrc'

so I moved the files to that location, and then when I tried to run the script, which would create another instance of mIRC, I got:

* /run: unable to open file 'mirc.exe' (line 31, diceopt.mrc)

It's obvious the problem lies with the path to the scripts, however I cannot find an option to change the path, can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Make sure there is a mirc.ini in the same directory as mirc.exe and your path will be back to normal.

DJ_Sol #216378 11/11/09 10:09 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
This seems to have fixed it, though now it's being kinda weird. Maybe I'll figure out how to smooth things out, if not I'll probably be back :P Thanks.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
This sounds like a $scriptdir != $mircdir issue. Back in the day before $scriptdir changed to C:\documents and settings\etc\etc\... they were (iirc) the same directory, but now they're not, so some old scripts might need modifying.

/help $scriptdir
/help $mircdir
/help $sound

Link Copied to Clipboard