mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
i have not been able to connect for months. always thought it was my router.
then i decided to look for a way to either delete and start over, or download again hoping that would correct the problem.
so i downloaded mirc 6.35, as it said that would correct some issues and i thought it might work better with my old cp.
guess what. i was instantly connected with quakenet. however i have no clue how to use the site. looks like chat, but i can't seem to get a response yet. this was last night.
now, i went back to excursion to type in quakenet, but i don't know where to put it. frown
always connection refused. i felt so bad.
so then i changed from "ip" to "server", and now i am only timed out. that makes me feel much better.
can you tell i have no idea what i am doing?
i have been around for so many years that i lost my 30 some pages of instructions that came with karaoke info.
i think it's in a setting. but i read on google that everything has changed.
so will someone give me the instructions for the proper settings please? then i can atleast see if they are correct. i have had them change occasionally by themselves??? but i could always connect and get help.
excursion v9.5, omenserve v1.40, mirc v6.16
please excuse me if i said anything wrong. just tell me and i'll never say it again. don't usually use forums.
so, i need the latest instructions.
and can i delete the other mirc? one is all my pea brain can handle. smile
thank you,
althia

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Hello.

You install mIRC. Then you can copy and paste the mirc.exe to any folder you like and have multiple copies. It is best to include the mirc.ini file when you copy and paste mirc.exe to a different folder. Otherwise mirc.exe will use the default mirc.ini.

It appears that you have downloaded scripts someone wrote. If you are having trouble connecting I suggest using a plain mirc with nothing loaded in it.

You should be able to connect to a regular IRC server. Once connected you can find help from people on that server and start loading extra files to mirc to test.

Check for a forum for the server you want to connect to. At the least you should be able to find it on google. They should provide specific details to connect with mIRC.

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
do you mean, transfer files from both mircs to one empty file? or transfer from the newly downloaded file to the older mirc file?
none of the popular networks are working for me. how and where do i add a new network? i only have 4 listed, undernet, efnet, dalnet, and dynamix. i know i can connect on quakenet, but i don't know how to add it. as for servers, i only have 5 of them also, with numbers after them. i can not find servers on google.
thank you for your reply.
anything help is always appreciated.
althia

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=quakenet+server

Or get the updated servers.ini file: servers.ini

Save it in your mirc directory (type //run $mircdir in mIRC). Restart mIRC. You should now have a lot of servers.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I'd suggest typing /firewall off in the copy of mIRC that won't connect, to begin with. If this doesn't work, could you provide any error messages you recieve when attempting to connect?

Link Copied to Clipboard