mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
I have the servers.ini file and of course I have a number of my own servers added to it, which have different numbers and are located at different positions throughout the file, and which are not in the default mIRC file. So, basically, if I download a newer version of servers.ini from the mIRC site, it means that I cannot use it without tediously finding and manual adding all of my custom servers from the current .ini to the new one...

So, is there something like a servers.ini importer? If it weren't for the numbers that the lines start with, I could just merge the files, sort the contents and kill the duplicate lines with uniq, but those horribly annoying "n####=" numbers that each line starts with (Why? Whatever for? It would be *infinitely better* if the file consisted of only the lines that list the servers, without any numbered prefixes) make it impossible... What really is the use of a new official servers.ini file if you can't combine it with your own older version...? :-\

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I just use an alias to re-add all my servers after I update my servers.ini. E.g.

Code:
alias addservers {
  server -a irc.freenode.net -g Freenode -d Freenode: Random server
  server -a b0rk.uk.quakenet.org -g Quakenet -d QuakeNet: b0rk Server
  server -s
}

This way every time I update my servers.ini I can just type /addservers and it adds all the servers again.

L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
I do this - I copy my ini file to Word, convert it into table, cut the column with numbers, do the same with the updated servers.ini file, copy both files together, sort their lines, remove all duplicate lines and then number all remaining lines. Then I save this merged to a new servers.ini. It's very tedious, though, and there should be a normal way of doing this - like a command "Import new servers" or "Merge servers.ini with a new file" in the mIRC menu. 6.04? smile

Last edited by LudwigVan; 05/08/03 12:01 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard